Here’s an interesting difference that I have noticed when using the new filter criteria in views following the Release Wave 1 2020.
It is quite difficult to determine when multiple M:M relationships are created between the same parent and related entities.
Steps To Reproduce The Issue
- Create a M:M relationship between account and contact and call it Blog Contact using the Custom Display property of the relationship. NB: In order to get to the Custom Display property of the relationship, you will have to use the Classic Interface (more to come in another blog post where I will compare the Classic and Power Apps interface).
- Create another M:M relationship between account and contact and call it Blog Contact 1.
- Open the All Accounts View in the Power Apps interface and edit the filter criteria.
- The M:M relationships all have the same display name “Contacts”.
- Open the All Account View using the Classic interace and edit the filter criteria.
- We can now distinguish between the two M:M relationships i.e. Blog Contacts and Blog Contacts 1.
So, this is definitely one for the Power Platform team to look at 🙂